Observe the overwhelming beauty of led-lit English 3-speeds at dusk! More photos after the jump.
Read more »
Monthly Archives: August 2013
I finally finished up a bike project that started last summer. It’s a 1989 Schwinn World 10-speed that I converted to a one-speed fixed/free. Barring a magical bicycle benefactor appearing, I’m calling it complete. It weighs in at approximately 25 lbs. as shown. More photos are below the break.
Here’s what I did with it:
- Completely disassembled, cleaned, greased, and waxed.
- 700c Retrospec single-speed flip-flop hub wheelset.
- Vintage Shimano wing nuts on front wheel.
- Shimano UN55 107mm sealed bottom bracket.
- 46-tooth white no-name alloy crankset.
- All City white track pedals.
- White and chrome KMC chain.
- Antique 1950′s chrome chainguard salvaged from a sad Hawthorne-Hercules 3-speed.
- Dimension Cork grips that I cut down.
- Velo-Orange Montmartre Handlebars – I like these better than expected.
- Velo-Orange City brake levers.
- White water bottle cage (no-name).
- No-name, Planet-Bike-clone rear light.
- Saddle is one that I’ve owned for years that has red and black on it. :)