After two years of planning and a couple of months of sewing, the full -length, merino wool and velvet coat is complete. It turned out quite well, and will likely be my last coat project for while. I’m pretty burned out on sewing. The next sewing project will probably be some bicycle bags and panniers. Hopefully, I can get back in the mood enough to finish them before cycling season arrives.
Category Archives: Art
I’ve finally started work on a wool coat for which I’ve had the materials around two years! I’ve been at it for around two weeks on and off. It needs sleeves, lining, buttons, and some finishing touches. It should be complete in a couple more weeks, all things being equal. Hopefully there will still be cold weather for it to be worn in!
Here’s a family portrait of all the puppets that I’ve made over the last several years. Thought I’d get a photo in before a couple leave at Christmas.
My little niece wanted one of these sewn up. Who am I to say no?
Tinkercad and 3dtin works on Android through the Firefox browser. Tinkercad will load models, but working on them isn’t really practical. 3dtin fares somewhat better. Editing simple models is possible. Screen shots follow:
The mouths are ready to install
Here’s a small chorus* of puppet heads ready for mouth installation.
* a chorus is a group or pack of puppets or muppets
Here’s one of a series of light-bulb terrariums I did a little while back. They’re filled with stones, small ferns, and moss. The ends are capped with bees wax. The stand is copper wire that I bent and hammered to make leaf shapes. The wires were then wrapped and soldered together.
Made these N-Scale buildings as a test for a larger train set project. I plan on creating a very small bookshelf-sized set based on the Studio Ghibli film Kiki’s Delivery Service. These houses appear briefly in the film and are small enough to use as a test.
They are made of polymer clay. I figured out how to make both clear and translucent windows with proper mullions by printing out the pattern that I wanted on a laser printer and then adding a drop of clear Sculpy liquid. Once baked, the paper will slough off with a little rubbing under water, leaving the ink behind.
All of the details are done with a small pick and include a dove with nest and eggs, ivy, and various window boxes with plants and flowers. These were done around 4 years ago and is part of a much longer-term project.